SEEING YOUR LIFE THROUGH THE LENS OF THE GOSPELS ~ Luke 4:1-13
Read 401 Times
1. The temptations were a step for Jesus in his growing understanding of his mission and of his relationship with his Father. Can you look back at some painful experiences and acknowledge that you have grown through them, both in your knowledge of yourself, and in your relationship with God?
Give thanks for the guidance of the Spirit of God in these times.
2. Behind each of the temptations is a basic temptation to lose trust in God. Jesus resisted this because he recognised his complete dependence on his Father.
How have you come to recognise your dependence on God?
3. One can enter into each of the temptations singly. There may be ones that you have experienced:
• the temptation to give priority to bodily needs and satisfactions
• the temptation to power
• the temptation to seek to be the centre of attention.
4. How have you grown through wrestling with these temptations?
Last Modified on Sat 13th Feb 2016 12:33:34